Andrea Prieur, CAT(C), ATC, R.KIN, BHSc., CSCS
- Certified Athletic Therapist
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Registered Kinesiologist
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Andrea is an extremely experienced Certified Athletic Therapist having worked with Olympic calibre athletes. She graduated with honours from the University of Ottawa with a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Kinetics and continued her studies to specialize in Athletic Therapy at York University. Andrea gained her certification through the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) as an Athletic Therapist in 1998. She also became certified as an Athletic Trainer, ATC, in the United States. Upon certification, Andrea continued her education as her skill set grew to include specialized therapy techniques such as: muscle energy, myofasical release, mulligan techniques, postpartum health, articular pumping and strength and conditioning courses. Andrea is also a Stott Pilates Instructor, and a Canadian Red Cross First Responder Instructor. In 2016, Andrea pursued her designation as a Registered Kinesiologist, (R.KIN), in Ontario.
As a Certified Athletic Therapist, Andrea’s expertise is working with athletes. She has been privileged to treat amateur and professional athletes with various sporting teams. She has served as a treating therapist for Team Canada as part of the Canadian Medical Team at the following events:
- Summer Olympic Games (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2016)
- Pan American Games, (Toronto 2015, Dominican Republic 2003, Winnipeg 1999)
- Commonwealth Games (Scotland 2014)
- Summer Olympics Games (London 2012)
- World University Games (Serbia 2009, Italy 2007)
- Canada Winter Games (New Brunswick 2003)
- Many other local & provincial games and events
Andrea continues to work with Team Canada’s Diving Athletes and is currently the Head Therapist at the University of Toronto’s David L. MacIntosh Sport Medicine Clinic, the oldest sport medicine clinic in North America.
Andrea’s special interests include volunteering as co-Chair of the Caledon East Revitalization Committee raising money for beautification projects in downtown Caledon East. Andrea resides in Caledon East with her husband Mark and three sons.